FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:09 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AA 29
SFO-HNL
757-200
8:35a-10:55a
September 4, 2011
Breakfast

In dire need of AA miles to re-qualify for EXP, I offered to bring my granddaughter back from Hawaii today on a quasi-mileage run.
Granted it is a holiday weekend Sunday, but still a very light load today (11 and 43) makes me think that, sadly, with no morning connecting traffic there is less point to keeping this flight operating. Too bad because I've always enjoyed AA's Hawaii service. Excellent LAX-based crew (indeed one of the best AA crews in years) today provided outstanding service, from multiple PDB's to perfectly paced attentive service.

Plenty of room to spread out today...

Nice to see the FS pillow and duvet blanket. Even nicer to have two of them.

Choice of cereal and Hawaiian French Toast. I opted for the delicious French Toast, definitely not for those counting calories.

About 90 minutes out, tropical mixed nuts and cocktails.

And warm mac nut and white chocolate cookies and milk.

AA 28
HNL-SFO
757-200
12:55p-8:45p
September 4, 2011
Lunch

Same great crew as on the outbound. Much better loads on the return today as we were 22/22 up front and pretty full in the back. To start, fresh seasonal greens with Roma tomotoes and seaweed salad with herb vinaigrette or miso cilantro dressing.

And one of my favorites, King's Hawaiian rolls.

Choice of stuffed pasta shells...

... or Sam Choy's Wasabi Salmon, grilled salmon with creamy wasabi served over shitake butter orzo pasta with grilled asparagus. Salmon was pretty good, but the creamy wasabi could have been a little more wasabi-like.

And to finish, the decadent ice cream sundae, one chocolate with whipped cream and nuts...

While the mini-princess in training goes for the works... chocolate, strawberries and mango...

All in all, A most enjoyable but bittersweet day as AA's SFO-HNL service fades into history.