FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Final Tickets (Melbourne)for 10/01/2011?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:54 pm
Macken7

Grand Final Tickets (Melbourne)for 10/01/2011?

Looking to buy two tickets for the 2011 Grand Final at the "G" in Melbourne on October 1st. Realize that club memebers and the general public can buy tickets the Tuesday before. I am from the US and will be in Auckland that Tuesday. Not even sure if I can purchase tickets. Do they have a secondary market like Stubhub to purchase tickets? Any suggestions on how to buy tickets is greatly appreciated.

We arrive the day before the game staying at the Hilton across the street. Looking forward to seeing the Grand Final parade that day. It is absolutely at the top of our "bucket list" of things to do. It is not a coincidence that we are there during the date the game is being played.

Several years ago while visiting Melbourne I attended a footy game at the "G", with several fellow FT'ers no less. It was a great experience. Since then have caught footy games on ESPN3.com, read about footy on afl.com.au and even saw a few games in Boston played by the Boston Demons.

Am from Boston in the US. If someone can guide me in the right direction to obtaining tickets, my son and I will be most appreciative. In this part of the world the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankey baseball teams are a great sports rivalry. It so happns that I have weekend season tickets in Boston for the Sox and certainly would love to work something out to show my appreciation, whether it be next or several years down the road for you helping me out.

Thanks in advance.