FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kindle left on plane Great PR for United!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:13 am
belfordrocks

I sympathize at anyone who loses something...heck, I lose crap all the time, had a co-worker (unknown to me who it was) steal a signed and personalized book (from the author) to me that was given to me as a gift....but you know what? I left it unattended in a public place, I can't point a finger at anyone in particualr. While there are thieves in the world, when an individual leaves items unattended in public, externalizing the blame is pathetic. Heck, I even thought that it was no longer permissable to leave items unattended in airports at all, but I guess, as long as they have value, it is OK, and if they are gone, one should try to waive a "poor me, the big bad corporation wronged me" flag and muster up sympathy. Sorry you left your kindle behind, wish they could have found it and returned it to you, but one cannot blame the airline for this, unless one has evidense that the airline, or it's agent have it in their posession and refuse to return it to you. Absent this, the blame cannot be placed on anyone except one's self, with a partial disdain for any of the 100+ other people that had access to it.
+1^^

What's really lacking is more personal responsibility on the behalf of the individuals.