FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great experience on ANA!
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:46 pm
shanshan

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Great experience on ANA!

Not sure where was right place to post this, but wanted to give a ^ to ANA staff.

On a LAX-EWR-DEL-EWR-LAX trip on CO economy. With EWR issues, I was re-routed on return to DEL-BKK-NRT-LAX. DEL-BKK on Thai and remainder on ANA.

The ANA legs were breaths of fresh air. Staff were AMAZING. Problems with the vegetarian meal request not coming from CO? No problem, we will find some from the other classes of fare! Star Gold? We will upgrade you to bulkhead in Premium Economy, without you asking! Haven't finished my ice cream yet, they will gush "take your time". They communicate to each other about you and were generally concerned about the vegetarian meal mix-up, offering to inquire about availability on connecting flights. Kept tabs on my luggage. Great seats. Just generally very nice/friendly and seemingly genuine.

A lot of it was not necessary, but it was a nice way to end the trip. CO service didn't compare. Re Thai it was my first experience on Thai and I was disappointed. No real concern at check-in and more concern about my 1 check-in bag (for 2 passengers) being 5KG over the weight limit ("take something out and wrap it and check that in alongside the first bag"). So i moved 5KG to the carry-on, which then "is over the 7KG weight-limit and must be checked in".

For future trips to Asia I hope to fly ANA again. ^^