FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Police can detain photographers if their photo has no apparent esthetic value!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:38 am
VelvetJones

Originally Posted by dlflyer2
Off topic, but maybe not...

Welcome to modern life in the Terrified States of America. Any excess in the name of security.

Welcome to the new police state where no action of "our protectors" is subject to review and high school drop outs interpret our constitutional rights.

Dignity, health and personal rights are waived for those willing to endure travel by air.
I think this policy will be eliminated the first time it is challenged in court, as courts have already ruled numerous times that this type of harassment is not legal. What I found frighting is the numerous pro-police comments in the original article. You wonder why this country has gotten to this state, this is why. People seemed to have lost all touch with reality. I think some literally think the back alleys and side streets of this nation are crawling with terrorists who are just waiting to pounce. I guess this is no different than the cold war paranoia. I remember hearing for years how the Soviets were massing troops in the national forests and that nukes were hidden in every city. At least back then the nuts seemed to have little influence, but now their twisted views are becoming the official policies of the nation.