FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX MR refusing to honor matched bonus IDs (even those already notated)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:46 am
lkar

I ended up getting 100k on the plat by upping the bonus. They applied the extra 100k manually last week. I posted the experience on the appropriate thread.

My experience, though, definitely left me with the impression that something was afoot. Everything was very cleanly notated in my account. They agreed to up the bonus in July and notated everything, but required me to call in in August to have it applied, which I did. The calls in July went pretty smoothly, but August was different. It took multiple calls, and some of the things they said during the process about the code no longer being visible on my account suggested there was something pretty intricate they were looking at. Long waits on hold, etc., asked to "call back tomorrow."

Eventually, after promising me 3 times that my points would be posted manually, they finally did it, but only because the account had been so well and frequently notated.