FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 VS Upper Class Flights between Lagos and London (Dec 2010-Aug2011)
Old Aug 21, 2011, 9:44 pm
ogepma

Programs: BA, LH, VS Silver, EK
Originally Posted by matthandy
A really nice report ogepma.

I've always wanted to try VS but have heard mixed reviews, which your report seems to confirm. It doesn't look like the suites are very private, especially on the A346 where the rows are very close together. Did you find this to be an issue?

Did you use the bar at all?

The food looks, ok, nothing special. How do you think it compares to BA?

I've heard great things about the Clubhouse and the premium check in experience and would love to try that too. Maybe when I am back in the UK I'll be able to do that.

I love Family Guy too and often take some episodes with me on my iPad as not many airlines have it on their IFE any more.
Thanks a lot matthandy.

Yes VS is really a mixed bag type of airline. I have never really found privacy to be an issue because the seats can be quite private especially when you recline them. Also, on the A346, from rows 1k-8k, there is no one opposite you and from rows 9a-17A there's no one opposite you too. I usually opt for the less private areas because they are less claustrophobic.

I have used the bar before but that was a while ago. I can't remember when last I went there. It's just really a fancy addition which is not so popular any more but still nice non the less.

The food can be awful or just ok. Never really good. In comparison to BA, I would say the ground service on VS is much better. Very first class-ish. The clubhouse is very amazing. In the air, the seats on BA have more flexibility and can be more private but for sleeping I think VS is better. BA's food is also way better but still not the best I have had. The crew on VS can be really amazing too. Just once in a while you might meet sad ones