FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:12 pm
sophiegirl

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Will now be spending a good bit of time in Chicago, so have been trying out Hyatt's to determine where I will stay on a regular basis.

Previous post mentioned new management, which certainly explains the number of men in suits greeting guests in the lobby each day of my stay! Compared to previous posts, my stay also appeared to be better - so perhaps new management made the difference.

Check-in quick and pleasant, diamond status recognized. Definately an upgrade, but not sure what I would call it- a mini suite? Small balcony with seating area. 2 TV's, one in each "room". I liked it- but a couple oddities - the smallest bath I think I have ever seen in a hotel, only a chair when there was certainly room for a sofa, and a refrig stuck in the middle of the bedroom.
But quiet and nice enough.

No lounge, coupons for breakfast. Above average buffet with an omelette station. Lots of servers, pouring really, really, really strong coffee. (from one who loves coffee)

Also had lunch, dinner, and meeting food here. Some different choices, and way above average. (pan seared scallops with jicama slaw and citrus sauce? In a parking lot hotel?) Dinner waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu, and made some excellent recommendations. Poached pear centered in almond cake with vanilla ice cream....who knew?

Courtyard pool and hot tub. Seemed pleasant. All service was friendly and professional.

Mall, tons of restaurants, Fed Ex Office all in the area. Hotel has an Avis desk.
For the grillmasters among you, there is a huge Weber store right around the corner.