FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to the Dedicated Grand Slam Forum!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:55 am
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Given my personal experience with Master Threads, I suggest not doing one for every partner, especially if anyone is thinking along the lines of setting them up up-front, with no initial content.

We would end up having many essentially worthless threads, which would create confusion.

I recommend establishing master threads perhaps by a 'type' of of partner. (All Rental Car companies; All Hotels; etc.) Then if there are issues with individual companies, a separate thread could be created to address those.

You want real content in the master threads in order for them to be useful. Otherwise, you'll end up with little more than a different type of confusion and people won't bother to use them.

Also, a large number of master threads, which many people won't use, will result in lots of posts that need to be moved around. That's still the job of your volunteer moderators, who have lots of other responsibilities, day jobs, lives, etc., so keeping up will be frustrating and difficult. Please don't set us up to fail you in that regard.
What you said.

Mike