FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you Hawaii luxury less than $200 / night?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:38 pm
davesam12

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by sthubbar
Any experience with the Sheraton Waikiki? I hear it is right next door to the Royal Hawaiian.
We have stayed at the RH twice in the past 18 months. A lovely bit of tropical seclusion on hectic Waikiki. Yes, correct --it is adjacentto the SW and a Starwood/SPG property as is the Monana Surfrider (Westin) on the other side of the RH. (The Outrigger Waikiki is in-between). So, one can do a room charge at any of the hotel's bars, restaurants, etc. no matter which one you are staying at.

We like the RH because of thier private beach area/umbrellas/lounges reserved for their guests and their pool side cabanas. The SW no longer has an actual beach front as it has eroded away, but a short walk down either way and you can find sand.

RH's guest can use all the SW's pools and other on-site guest only amenties, (big family pool with water slide and adult horizon pool) but not, vice versa.

The RH staff monitor their private beach, pool and cabana area for non-guests pretty consistantly. As does the SW.

Rum Fire bar at the SW is fun and has great views and patio. The SW has a lovely Koi pond patio that overlaps the RH's main front grove, circle drive and entrance. Lovely place to sit and have coffee in the morning.

I would not classify the SW as a luxury hotel, but it's a very nice property. You'll find lots of families with kids there. I think the big pool with the water slide is a draw even with the beach steps away.