FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you Hawaii luxury less than $200 / night?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:29 pm
DJGMaster1
Suspended

Originally Posted by sthubbar
Any experience with the Sheraton Waikiki? I hear it is right next door to the Royal Hawaiian.
IMHO, it's OK, but it's hardly what I'd consider a luxury hotel.

Personally, I think the only way to get "luxury" in Hawaii for $200 a night is to use an opaque site like Priceline and bid $175 or so and try for places that are normally around $400 a night. taxes and fees would push a $175 bid to over slightly over $200 a night. I don't think there are too many true luxury places you could get for that, though. You might get the Royal Hawaiian or the Westin Moana for those rates via Priceline on those dates, as that's normally a low load-factor week, just preceeding the peek holiday week. There is also a chance you could pick up the JW Marriott in Ko'Olina for those rates that week as well. Those are your only shots at "Luxury" for $200 or so a night. OTOH, if you are OK with the sort of places as the Sheraton Waikiki or the Marriott or Prince or Hyatt Waikiki, you could get them, but I'd consider these places to be a notch (or 2 notches in the case of the Sheraton) below true luxury.