FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Liquid ban should be repealed
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:38 am
alexb133

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by William S
Now I know this ban has been in place in the EU and USA for quite some years now, but I cannot stop irritating myself over the ban all the time an aircraft has many tons of flammable fuel. It is really stupid that you get stopped at the security checkpoint just because that bottle of water you forgot. When I go to OSL I tend to like to have a bottle of water or soda with me on the bus out, and sometimes I forget to throw it away.

And also laptops should be allowed to be kept in the backpack. I pack logically so laptop and liquid bag is on the top in my backpack, but still it is always a little bit of stress pulling it out and pack it back in again etc. I do not mind security checks like they were before, but at this point it is just insane.
I completely agree with you Will. Its very aggravating that liquids over 100 ml are prohibited. If someone truly has a bad intention, they will work within the 100ml range. The rule forces you to buy a $5 bottle of water in the terminal, which bothers the hell out of me.

With laptops, they have gotten better. If you have the special laptop sleeve, it can remain in there .