FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:15 am
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bsaced
My Brother is thinking of honeymooning here in November. Can anyone tell me if I use my suite upgrade cert for his stay would he get one of the junior beachfront suites? Would people who have visited recommend this place for a honeymoon destination? Any information is most appreciated

Also does anyone know if it is possible to stay in the beach front ocean junior suite, if I booked into the villa delux king, and used a suite upgrade cert would that work. Or if I booked into the oceanfront deluxe and used a room upgrade, would that also work?
I havenīt visited the Royal Pavillon, so canīt say too comment except that

1) according to the Limited Access site you can neither use a room upgrade cert nor a suite upgrade cert at the Royal Pavillon.

2) Contacting FPC will most likely be useless, so Iīd recommend contacting the hotel directly and ask whether they may be able to accept a cert for a 1/2-category upgrade

Alternatively you could check whether the hotel is affiliated with Virtuoso/AMEX FHR/etc. who usually offer a comp. one-category upgrade when booking through their agents.