FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paying Drinks in Helsinki Long Range Lounge !!!!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:46 pm
Cofyknsult

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Well, I agree that there may be a special problem involving the Finns' relation to alcohol and alcohol prices in Finland. I do not think I have ever seen so many 15-20 year olds getting smashed at 10 AM as on the ship between Helsinki and Tallinn. It even seemed to me that they have bouncers on those ships, just in charge of kicking out passengers who can't make it to the exit at the other end... I also imagine that there must be people purposely doiing the round trip. Is there a special known vomit-free place on their body where they can display the return ticket so as not to be bounced off ?

I still believe that normal status passengers who pay the full fare Business price and JUST want to have a glass of good champagne before their flight should be able to get it for free...

While I cannot comment on the SU lounge at SVO and although I am a very reluctant and occasional Skyteam flyer, I seem to recall that good quality champagne is available for free in all AF lounges, particularly at CDG 2. I even drink it regularly at the Orly West AF lounge in Hall 2 where the most glamorous flights are between Paris and Nice.