FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Confiscates Pregnant Woman's Insulin, Ice Packs
Old Aug 9, 2011, 1:41 pm
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by cb1111
Horsemanure.

You guys are so blinded by your hatred of everything TSA that you can't see the bigger picture.

Yes, the screener was wrong for taking it, but the passenger should have said "wait a mnute, I need this stuff and there's a big sign over there that says that it is allowed. Either let me take it or call your supervisor."

You guys are always telling people to stand up for their rights and and belittle them when they aquiesce.

This has nothing to do with being afraid of future harassment, there are too many ways of resolving this issue where she would not be "scared of retribution."

What ever happened to taking responsibility for yourself? If I needed meds that were allowed (per signage at the checkpoint) then no pipsqueak screener will take them from me without an argument.
Hasn't the government - and TSA in particular - continually crowed about how they are here to "protect" us, and that we are incapable of taking responsibility to protect ourselves? Isn't that the WHOLE BASIS of TSA's existance?