FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Confiscates Pregnant Woman's Insulin, Ice Packs
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:41 am
erictank

Originally Posted by cb1111
Horsemanure.

You guys are so blinded by your hatred of everything TSA that you can't see the bigger picture.

Yes, the screener was wrong for taking it, but the passenger should have said "wait a mnute, I need this stuff and there's a big sign over there that says that it is allowed. Either let me take it or call your supervisor."

You guys are always telling people to stand up for their rights and and belittle them when they aquiesce.

This has nothing to do with being afraid of future harassment, there are too many ways of resolving this issue where she would not be "scared of retribution."

What ever happened to taking responsibility for yourself? If I needed meds that were allowed (per signage at the checkpoint) then no pipsqueak screener will take them from me without an argument.
That someone should have stood up for her rights - and her safety - doesn't change the fact that IT'S NOT HER FAULT THE TSA VICTIMIZED HER. Yes, she should have told them, "F**K no, you're not separating me from my medication, get me a supervisor and an actual law enforcement officer over here NOW!" - but there are people out there who are not confrontational. Who not only WILL not, but literally CANNOT engage in confrontation, even or especially with government types. There are people who cannot fathom the notion that government operatives might not give a damn about their (your) health and safety, or their own rules. Those people, if subjected to such treatment, ARE STILL VICTIMS OF WRONGDOING THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN.

If you weren't such an unabashed and dedicated apologist for the TSA here, perhaps you could see that. Way to blame the victim, CB.