FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Supreme Court Tosses Lawsuit by Disgruntled Frequent Flier
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:46 am
bdnyc

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
I wonder what the facts are in this case. As we all know, there are rules and terms of service with FF programs, and there are several reasons why a passenger can have his FF program membership revoked.

(Also, remember the FF program merger was done first - almost a year before the airline merger itself was completed. Some dormant accounts undoubtedly expired during the transfer despite "several tractor-trailer loads of paper mail to members" to advise them of the program merger. Presumably that isn't the issue here.)

This short article states the plaintiff alleges his membership was revoked for complaining too much. If indeed his membership was revoked, I would presume NW (now DL) had a better reason. And, does the article state he can pursue a "class action" suit? How many "revokees" are there out there? Do those who opt-in to this suit get paid in Skymiles?

If complaining too much is reason for dismissal, could you imagine how many FTers would be out?
And there's always Option 4.

The article does not imply Chisholm CSRs revoked his membership, but Chisholm, MN was indeed the address-of-record for Worldperks.

I suspect it won't be necessary but if Chisholm or Bob Soukup need to be defended in court, I hope that court is ready for what will result.

Last edited by bdnyc; Aug 7, 2011 at 8:17 am Reason: added even more words