FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New York & Chicago - 30th Birthday Celebration
Old Aug 4, 2011, 4:45 am
Euan

Last part...

Whilst my other half had cookies and hot chocolate and then went to sleep I opted to watch a film and have a bit of a meal. The majority of the cabin went to sleep so service was quick and efficient - also very friendly.

I then asked the crew to make up my bed whilst I got changed in the toilet and hung my clothes in my wardrobe, a little bit of a squeeze to fit in boots, jeans, etc as well as my jacket. However, a handy location.

After a 4 hour sleep I awoke and was asked if I would like breakfast... how could I refuse!

After breakfast the crew began preparing the cabin for landing which didn't take long. We didn't have to circle around Heathrow for long and before we knew it we were touching down at Heathrow and making our way towards T5.

The cabin crew, as I later found out, were American based and very pro-active.

As we came up to stand the airbridge began it’s move to door 1 but then suddenly changed direction and ended at door 2. As the doors opened I saw the Club World crew holding back the passengers whilst passengers in First gathered their belongings and deplaned.

By this point we were chatting to all the cabin crew from First, discussing our trip, our LCY flight which they were most interested in, and our travel with BA over recent years. We’d been talking for well over a minute since the other First passengers had left and I turned around to see the CW passengers still being held back waiting for us to finish our conversation with the crew.

We left some minutes later after some of the CW cabin had departed but the crew still held them back as we approached the door to leave and thanked us for travelling. All in all a fantastic crew!