FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How far in advance to book hotel room block?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:37 pm
dcpatti

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Thanks for the reply!
So the event is a (my ) wedding. We already have a venue and that will be the only organized event, so guests will probably spend some f&b money at the hotel. The bartenders will be happy, I'm sure!

The guests will be paying (other than my future in-laws and maybe the wedding party, we will pay for those). So it's not my money I'm spending. But we want to negotiate the best deal we can for them, especially since about half the guests will be coming from Australia and the UK. We don't want to put an undue burden on folks. Also I'd imagine most of those folks and some of our American travelers will stay for the week rather than the weekend so even more desire to get them the best value.

Will check the convention bookings as suggested; so I'm guessing we'd Want to look for the fuller hotels because they've already made their money and will be more likely to offer a good deal? FWIW I think there would be a tolerance for a slightly higher rate if there were more amenities offered like breakfast or parking included. I'm just not sure how to ask for those things! I could be persuaded into hosting a brunch or a cocktail reception (I'd been thinking about that anyway) to generate some f&b revenue if that is a good negotiating point.