FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help in obtaining an Italian Birth Certificate
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:27 am
andreadbc
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by Alice11
The consulate is a sort of middle-man. They get requests, notices etc. and they forward them to the Municipality. By registered email. Then, they get the information / documents back and then they deliver them to you.
I wish they would be willing to do that but I've brought this up twice with the Madrid Consulate and they just say that I need to do this by myself and they won't help (they state this on their website too). Can't blame them really, I imagine that they are a bit swamped with other things.

Originally Posted by Alice11
I have no idea about agents' fees , but if the research is tough - and it may be, like FlyingHoustonian pointed out - I wouldn't be surprised if it would be cheaper a ticket in low season to FCO and get Alfedena or any other town by car..
I just made up my mind and bought a cheap-ish Ryanair ticket to BRI (very close to my Comune). I hope that I can find someone to call them for me before I travel, but in any case I'll see how it goes personally (and finally have a look around the land of my antecesori...)