FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Etiquette: lap infant by myself & clubs, etc.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 4:08 pm
Joshua

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Thanks for everyone's replies.

Regarding etiquette, I know there's no established standard--that's why I'm trying to get a "feel" for where FTers stand on this. My experiences at 2 months/7 months (now 9, will be 10 when we travel) in the RCC and inflight have been delightful. I can't imagine trying to walk across the club without her in tow though. That's what the snap-n-go stroller is for, and she's at that age now where she really is not happy if you aren't within 10 feet of her.

I am travelling on early A.M. flights on Sunday that hopefully will have low loads. An upgrade looks easy, which should mean scoring an empty middle seat will be easy. I'm connecting mid-continent instead of flying coast to coast which should be a good hedge in case she gets really unhappy mid-flight.

I'm travelling luggage-free (other than diaper bag, my laptop bag, snap-n-go stroller with car seat, and nice big blanket), since I already have everything I will need in position at both my origin and destination, with enough emergency food/formula to survive a day or two of misconnects in the diaper bag.

Any other ideas/tips? Criticism is welcome.