FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Status Match Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:42 pm
mrtcpa

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Diamond; SPG-Gold
SPG Status Match...no more??

Originally Posted by umct
I sent an email to [email protected] with a scan of the front and back of my Hilton Honors Diamond card and a screen capture of my Hilton stay history. An hour later I received a reply that SPG had upgraded my SPG Gold to SPG Platinum through 2011.
The only thing that could make me happier is if Planet Hollywood in Vegas and the Resort at Singer Island in FL were still Starwood properties.
Just tried to status match HH Diamond to SPG Plat and received the following letter. I don't know if this is because I am already SPG Gold of if it is truly a new policy.

15 nights in 90 days isn't too bad, but August and Sept are my two slow months. Will have to delay my reply until Oct 1

______
Dear MRTCPA,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and the Starwood Preferred Guest program.

As of April 1, 2011 we no longer upgrade members based on a status match or solely on a request ; I am pleased to inform you that we now offer an elite 'Status Challenge'. This challenge consists of having 15 eligible nights credited to your Starwood Preferred Guest account within 90 days of the request for Platinum Status. The Platinum Status challenge applies to new reservations only. Any previous nights already credited to the account do not apply to the challenge.

Should you choose to participate, once you have completed the challenge, we will upgrade your account to Platinum Status for a full year. Platinum Preferred Guest status offers the program?s greatest range of privileges. With our highest tier of membership, you will enjoy personalized attention and unparalleled rewards at an extraordinary collection of hotels and resorts worldwide; as well as exceptional elite status enhancements. Please visit the Platinum Preferred Guest page on SPG.com to view all of the benefits and our member guide.

If you have any questions regarding the status challenge and/or you are interested in participating, please reply to this email and we will get you started.

Best Regards,

Diona Kemp
Platinum Concierge Liaison
Starwood Preferred Guest
[email protected]
512-997-9046 fax