FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt London Do: 25-28th October 2012 (sponsored)
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:11 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by price123
To be honest, rates in London are high regardless. I have in the past looked as far downmarket as Holiday Inns and you are still looking at over $200+/night, often more. I will post details of rates when I get them. The only thing I can suggest otherwise, is staying at Heathrow for 1 night and then the Churchill for 2. As Hyatt are sponsoring, I don't feel it's ok for people to stay outside Hyatt, unless they only attend events outside the Hyatt. If people want to do this, it is fine, and would consist of any excursions, and probably a couple of meals.
While I get the reasoning, I don't attend Dos where I'm required to stay at a particular brand. I know on SMD3 this year, they're requiring folk to stay at Hyatts if they want the goody bags and/or Diamond status, but in past you were encouraged to stay at the hotel sponsor, not required to do so & SMD is a bit in its own league, not the same as most Dos.

I like Hyatt so it's nothing against the chain, but there are less expensive options in London w/ Marriott, IHG & Hilton on weekends, & often on Dos in high-ticket cities people will use their points. And if some need nights to keep their status they need to stay where they'll get credit for their stays.

If Hyatt cut a really, really, really cheap rate you might be able to get some to switch for that weekend.

Again, I totally get the reasoning & it's nothing against Hyatt - or the other sponsors. Just curious - if nothing is compulsary, how do you tell the sponsors how many they'll have attending their 15-minute presentations, or do you just go off the entired registered list?

And will you make the airline thing totally separate or a one for all (ie, entire weekend)?

BTW - the weekend line-up looks quite nice!

Cheers.