FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are you *really* committed to our fight against the TSA? (Probably not...)
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:19 pm
JoeBas

Originally Posted by PoliceStateSurvivor
I am part of this group. Have not seen the sterile area since November of 2009.

I will, however, take it a step further.

My present job does not require me to fly. If I ever have to travel on business, I will tell my boss that I will gladly drive, take a train, or even a bus. If my boss insists on flying, I will make it clear that I will walk out of the airport if subjected to strip search or grope. My job description does not include surrender of my dignity.
And I, will take it even a step further.

Not only have I not (and will I not, nor my family, who are at this minute DRIVING from Texas to Minnesota to visit the In-Laws) flown since actually BEFORE October, going back to last summer, I've passed on two travel opportunities/assignments (Professional meeting in Seattle, On-Site deployment in Montana) where assignment would have meant unreasonable travel times for the organizational need.

As far as my employer is concerned, as long as I'm putting my discretionary travel pattern (not flying for pleasure) where my mouth is, no travel will be required.

I might add, that every trip I or my family takes, where we don't fly, I make sure to make copies of our receipts, redact account numbers and personal information, scan and E-MAIL these to my former frequent programs (Airline/Car Rental), detailing their lost income and laying the blame directly at their feet for not standing up to the TSA folderol.

Last edited by JoeBas; Jul 25, 2011 at 1:23 pm Reason: Added bit about making sure they know.