FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help in obtaining an Italian Birth Certificate
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:40 pm
u2fan

Programs: UA 1P, AA, Hilton Honors
I am gathering this information for the purpose of obtaining Italian citizenship (blood right).

The Chicago Italian Consulate website is very specific in telling me what documents I need to present and they provide very useful information and links, but other than this, provide little individual or personal help. The request form I previously mentioned was obtained thru their site. They are not about to get this information for me - they expect me to get it and present it to them.

When I wrote the Comunes, I did not provide ID. Do you think I should have? I live in Chicago, USA. The 'blood right' is thru my mother and my last name different then my grandparents.

Lastly, my grandfather was born in 'S Elia Fiumerapido', my grandmother in 'Alfadena'. They were both born over 100 years ago and have passed away.

There is no doubt is anyone's mind I qualify for citizenship - it is just a matter of presenting my documents. In the US, we have a 'debt crisis' and everyone in the government is looking for a way to cut. Sending birth certificates half way across the world is exactly the type of thing they would eliminate. I hope this is not happening in Italy and keep wondering if there is more I should be doing.