FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread
Old Jul 22, 2011, 3:20 pm
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by javabytes
Did you confirm DL will actually let you book at that fare, or do you get one of those infamous "This fare has just sold out" error messages after you hit Purchase?
Actually, prior to posting this I went through and purchased 4 of these roundtrips (at different times) without problems on delta.com even though I usually couldn't get the lowest available fare to show on Matrix. Delta.com sometimes readily showed the lowest fare, but at other times it was necessary to put in connections by multi-city or to use other tricks to get it to show on Delta.com. I had to use experflyer.com and a few other websites to confirm the lowest fare available for my travel dates. I played around with this for a few hours, that's why I'm confident that something is going wrong with the usually reliable ITAsoftware Matrix engine. I had to use multiple avenues to ensure I was getting the lowest fare because I wasn't getting reliable results from Matrix2 even when greatly narrowing my search parameters.