FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In/Out FRA in 5 Hours
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:50 am
BiziBB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
No worries edy4eva and what I should have done was put a FT tag on mein popo!

Anyway, it was productive for me too, I went back to Eckert Herrenmoden and bought these.

Hope you found what you were seeking at Peek-Cloppenberg.

My advice: ticketing for the S8 is horrible if you are unprepared. It's EUR$3.90 one way so have $4 in coins or a $10 note and buy from the machine.

I tried to buy a ticket to the specific station Edy4eva noted but it's unneccessary. Just get the Frankfurt ticket. The Zeil is two stops past Frankfurt Main and saves you walking the seedy section to get there. Station is beneath the Zeil!

Six stops, ~17min and you're there.

Those little gardens with huts were cool. Looked like a trailer park amid pumpkin patches! Fun for the green thumbed locals.

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Mate, I missed ya. I didn't see your pm till today. I couldn't access FT from the Cedar Lounge in BEY.

I got to the shop at 2pm, finished shopping just before 4pm. Not that it matters now but I was the dude a green Brazilian shirt and a black back pack.

To answer my own question, very doable, the only hiccup being the train ticket machine not accepting my card. Otherwise from plane door in T1-B to Zeil in under 1 hour.