FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] TSA Pre-Check / PreCheck Known Traveler program for AA FFs
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:06 pm
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
You beat me to it! I'm reading the article right now.

I like this part:
During the first phase of testing, certain frequent fliers and all members of Custom and Border Protection's Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS who are U.S. citizens, will be eligible to participate.
Good news for us Trusted Travelers!

It actually does not list a requirement about being an AAdvantage member or having status. It just says "frequent flyers." But maybe they will invite a limited number of DFW/MIA-based frequent travelers that AA identifies by virtue of being EXPs/CKs. (Who knows!)

Also, it is very interesting to note that the government chose hub cities for both AA and DL, instead of cities with a majority of O/D traffic. In other words, at DFW, unless you're arriving internationally, chances are you are connecting there and thus will NOT go through TSA screening.

Maybe the choice of hubs was intentional, then, in order to keep the numbers under control. It sounds counterintuitive since MIA and DFW are two of AA's biggest stations, but again, the vast majority of AA pax at DFW are connecting, not O/D.

Last edited by ESpen36; Jul 14, 2011 at 1:14 pm