FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ** New Choice Promo Stay 2 Get A Free Night **
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:56 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
is there a cheap hotel in europe? did not find any
I'm confused; are you ZurichFlyer because you're based in Zurich, or only because you fly to Zurich all the time?

From the T&Cs of this promotion:

"You must maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) or Canada to be eligible for this promotion."

So if your address (with Choice) is in Zurich, it matters not where there may be a cheap hotel in Europe, because you're ineligible.

Meanwhile, to understand the difficulty of finding a cheap Choice hotel in Europe, consider the fact that there are fairly few cheap Choice hotels in the US too.

What there are lots of, in the US, is cheap Choice motels. But Choice in Europe doesn't tend to have motels (they leave that to Ibis or whoever), only hotels (from what I have seen so far).

Anyhow, for cheaper Choice hotels in Europe, how about 50 Euros a night for tomorrow night (July 13) at Comfort Inn Braga (Portugal) for Best Available Rate? (I dunno if any discount rates would lower that further or not, tried Senior Rate at random and it said not available.) That's about equivalent to US$70ish, which is not bad at all in many US locations, even though it's still of course not anywhere near the cheapest in the US.