FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - From Wall Street to Full-time Points Blogger: My Trip to Tokyo on Delta/ Hyatt
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:27 am
thepointsguy

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
From Wall Street to Full-time Points Blogger: My Trip to Tokyo on Delta/ Hyatt

I recently quit my Wall Street job to focus on blogging about points and miles full-time. While it's definitely been a leap of faith, I haven't regretted it for a minute.

Since I'm a Delta and Hyatt Diamond, I worked with both companies to plan an "emancipation" trip to start this new chapter in my life and to promote a city where tourism has fallen off a cliff.

So after my last day of work, I headed directly for JFK and flew Delta to LAX and then onto Tokyo Haneda, stayed at the Park Hyatt for 3 days and while doing so, ate some amazing food, got a behind the scenes tour of the Tsukiji Fish Market and all around savored everything Tokyo had to offer.

Even though the flight/hotel were comped, the experiences and opinions in my trip report are solely mine. In fact it was a couple Flyertalkers/blog readers of mine who I met up with in Tokyo that really defined my experience. Sorry for the blog links, but this would have been too lengthy to cut and paste into FT format.

My Trip to Tokyo (Intro)

Delta BusinessElite JFK-LAX
Delta BusinessElite 777LR LAX-HND
Day 1- Arrival at Haneda, Meiji Shrine and Harajuku
Day 1- Walking Around Shibuya, Park Hyatt Spa and Tokyu Hands
My Initial Thoughts on Tokyo
Day 2- Walking around Shinjuku and Tokyu Hands Revisit
Day 2- A Tale of Three Very Different Dining Experiences
Day 3- Inside Access to the Tsukiji Fish Market and Tuna Auction
Day 3- Sushi Breakfast at 6:30am, Tempura and a Night Out in Shinjuku
Day 4- Jetlag (Hangover) Blues, Hanging out at the Park Hyatt and Delta Narita SkyClub Relaxing
Park Hyatt Tokyo Review
Return Flight: Narita to JFK on Delta 747 in BusinessElite (Old NWA World Business Class) and Economy Comfort