FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copa America 2011 - inagural match this evening
Old Jul 2, 2011, 11:33 am
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Bolivia set out looking for a draw and that's what they got due to that idiot standing on the goal line who tried to be clever instead of kicking the ball out of touch.

I'm sure they'll get better as the competition goes on. No panic yet.
I agree the Bolivian goal was from a stupid mistake... but overall, Bolivia's game plan was a good one and it was very well executed. Dont forget that while leading 1-0, the Bolivian No. 9 had a one on one with Romero which was well resolved by the keeper but that could have sealed the blunder for La Seleccion.

I hate to be overly pessimistic... but I dont see the team getting it together. Batista is not the right guy for the job... Messi cant seem to stand the pressure of wearing the national jersey and nobody dares even consider that maybe Messi should sit it out on the bench and give another guy a chance. I undertand all he does at Barcelona is from another planet, but I think waiting until he retires to get a team to work is a little too long and a little too unfair for the Fans. At this point, I say bench the guy and lets see what a team without the superstar can do.... Aguero can start and let Messi play the last 20 minutes.