FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul Update?
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:10 am
publicrelasian

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Pride Travel (Turkey-gay-travel.com)

has anyone used Pride Travel in Istanbul to organize excursions outside of IST? It was listed in the Lonely Planet and seems ok but I'm unsure about some of the descriptions:

on this page: http://www.turkey-gay-travel.com/tourorganizations.html

it basically says that the tours, the guide and the hotels they organize you to stay in aren't 'exclusively gay,' I get that there isn't the critical mass of gay people and gay tourists to warrant exclusive gay tours, but if that's the case, the only thing 'gay' about this agency is the people working there, am I right?

the page also states that this is a 'package tour' and not a 'group tour' so "you be will actually be independent in hotels and during the transportation (bus or plane) except join other people during the daily excursion tours included in the itineraries."

"The itineraries are organized considering best transportation options. Our agency's basic function here is that, everything will be organized by us and will be ready for you (bus or plane tickets, hotels vouchers, tours as well as most connecting transfers) in advance, and you will not have to deal with each separately, and besides pay much less than you would book them by yourself."

So if I'm reading this right, they get you all the bus tickets and hotel reservations and you're on your own?

as a single and first-time traveler to Turkey I'd rather *like* to be thrown into a group of other tourists (gay or straight), so perhaps this is not the best option for me.

finally, the package I'm considering (http://www.turkey-gay-travel.com/turkeytours4.html) has 3 overnight bus rides. I'd be grateful if anyone who has taken this tour could advise exactly what sort of buses they use to help me make an informed decision before I book.

PS. I've also heard of a company called Gallipoli (sp?). anyone's heard of this one or has others they'd recommend?