FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plea Deal In TSA Airport Screener Assault Case
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:31 pm
jtodd

Originally Posted by Ari
He was charged with Agg. Battery which carries up to 15 years in prison; he got 50 hours of community service and 4 months of probation and has to make a $100 donation and to apologize to the pervert/victim. In addition, if he can stay good for 4 months, he wont even have a conviction on his record for anything-- seems like a pretty sweet deal!

I do wonder if the TSA put pressure on the local DA (they've never done that before ) in order to resolve it in the way that best suits the TSA: Not a trial. I'd have to know the general way things go in that courthouse with respect to crimes like this to make an educated guess as to whether someone put a thumb on the scale. A trial would have 'exposed' things the TSA would rather people didn't discuss-- they wanted it swept under the rug and that's what happened.

With respect to his employment, there was a quote about 'zero tolorence for workplace violence' when the incident happened, so my guess is that he was fired. I imagine the victim/pervert was re-trained, but you never know. And the pervert/victim signed off on this-- I doubt he wanted to be on the witness stand.
And now he is assaulting citizens, both verbally and physically. Typical TSA.