FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inside the new Dream Hotel Downtown NYC (photos, too!)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:55 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Inside the new Dream Hotel Downtown NYC (photos, too!)

I got to attend an open-house event at the new Dream Hotel Downtown yesterday, including going in to some of the rooms and lounging on the pool deck with a couple rounds of free drinks. I have to admit that the place is quite pretty.

The rooms - at least the slightly more affordable ones - are small (<300sf), but that's what I expect in NYC and more so from a boutique hotel property. The "Platinum King" room I was in was reasonably sized (~480sf) and priced to match ($655++ to $900++, depending on the day). Then again, it does have unobstructed views of the Empire State Building so that's worth a hundred bucks or so, right??

The pool area was also quite nice, with an adjacent bar/lounge and waitress service in your chaise. The pool is also adults-only after noon.

Seriously, though, the hotel is stylish and pretty. And if you can get a decent room rate (they're on Hotels.com and I was seeing 20% off versus what their own site was selling at) then it might be a nice place to stay in NYC.

Some more details (and larger versions of the photos) are available on my full review of the property.