FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:39 pm
booyaa

Programs: Anything CC gives me
So I had applied for mine on the 7th. Got the "under review" answer. Called the reconsideration line and was declined twice. Called on the 10th and an agent approved it by closing my CO account and reduced CL on BA to make room for the 5k required for Sapphire Visa Signature. I have gotten mail letters for each of the initial declines, plus two subsequent letters stating the actions taken for approval and 5k CL given for Sapphire (one letter for closing CO, another for CL reduction on BA). Both letters say that I am approved and 5k CL given. Both letters also say, "pending verification," I will receive new card and welcome package within next 10 business days.

The closing of CO account and reduction of CL have already been reflected on my online account.

Fast forward to now (2+ weeks later). All I've heard after numerous calls are, "your application is still under review" plus the possibility of taking up to 30 days for a "decision". I just talked to a supervisor today and she told me they do have records of sending me the two "approval" letters and that she sees that the respective actions were taken. She said that they are backed-up right now and should have an answer within the next 2 weeks, since it can take up to 30 days. I clarified that the application is pretty much approved but still needs "verification."

What the "verification" is I don't know and didn't ask. It just seems weird that they have the "verification" stage AFTER the approval? Has anyone heard about this or know anything about this? What do they verify? I've been following this thread and don't recall anyone reporting similar experience, even if applied after me, which leads me to believe they don't do this for everyone, even the reconsidered ones. I feel like my application has fallen into a black hole ever since it was "approved".

I don't want my CO account closed and BA CL reduced for nothing.

Last edited by booyaa; Jun 26, 2011 at 10:42 pm Reason: typo