FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight 3785 emergency landing in DTW instead of MDW
Old Jun 25, 2011, 2:01 pm
SDCA

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by deltheking
I was in the WN flight 3785 from NewYork LGA to MDW Chicago today and there was an emergency landing in DTW Detroit. The reason given by the pilot initially after landing was a possible engine leak or a sensor malfunction which then was most possibly confirmed as an oil leak. So, for now stuck in Detroit !!

The pilot gave no indication or made a mention during the flight or during landing that we landed at a different airport and that there was a possible engine leak. Only after the flight completely landed and made a complete stop at the gate , did the pilot made the announcement. I think that was a really good move or else it would have induced unnecessary panic.^

All credit to the pilot and the flight attendants for doing a great job and in a very professional manner. The ground staff and the gate agents are also doing a very good job of trying to re-accommodate connecting passengers. All kudos to the Southwest staff. So, what are the good restaurants here at the North terminal DTW airport? Any suggestions ?

Also, some folks here are asking about compensation and the works. The usual stuff , I guess when there are delays or cancellations !! So realistically , do they have any chance of any compensation due to the engine oil leak problem - so basically an aircraft problem and nothing to do with the weather. LOL !!
More likely you will get some sort of compensation.

I was in St Louis last week and over heard a gate supervisor giving everyone on flight a $200 voucher because their flight was delayed for almost 4 hours due to a mechanical.