FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA changes pat-down for children
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2011, 6:29 am
barbell

Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
Another article on the subject:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/06/23...nge/index.html

My reading of this article is that they are going to try to avoid kiddy patdowns by repeating whole body scans when kids squirm.

Wonderful - more chances to see kids naked in higher definition and douse them with ionizing radiation.
That's exactly how I read it.

As someone who has more than 400 hours of training in radiation physics, safety, operation, and diagnosis, which I believe is more than 10 times what your average "officer" receives, so I might be qualified to speak on this subject, what TSA is doing, in particular with children, is reckless and dangerous.

It's obvious that your average front-line employee who typically uses these boxes as a jungle gym and stands immediately at the exit of the cancer boxes as they dose, doesn't in any way understand the physics involved and will have no qualms about sending a squirming child through multiple times.

One thing that has concerned me for some time about these machines, in particular the Chertoff Cancer Box, is that based on the publicly available imagery, and the need for the operation to be simple enough for the lowest common denominator employee, the dosing is probably equal regardless of size or shape of subject. That means children are particularly vulnerable to these machines, even more so if you and I are reading this announcement correctly. They are getting the same dose as adults. That's, frankly, criminal behavior.

Even if children aren't FF, even worse if one is, I expect to see a dramatic increase in non-genetic eyesight problems, blindness, and cancer in about 10 years in the current child population. As today's children reach puberty and early adulthood in the next 10 years, we absolutely can thank TSA for a whole host of dramatic health problems. Bookmark this post, mark my words, it is going to happen.

Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
They are not stating that they will stop the patdowns or stop sending kids through whole body scans to avoid "resolution" patdowns. I also doubt patdowns will not be conducted when the child's parents opt them out of the naked scan.

These people will still be sticking their hands in kids pants.
Is it any surprise? There are more pedophiles and latent violent sex criminals within their ranks than there are terrorists in the general population.

TSA is a pedophile's dream job come true.

Seriously! This place needs a vomit emoticon!