FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage fees when connecting from other carrier
Old Jun 21, 2011, 2:19 pm
Aliquot

Originally Posted by dschnitz
That sounds a bit scary. You might want to give an example? I was initially booked on LAS-LAX-SJD all the way with United, however they recently quit the LAX-SJD leg, therefore I had to rebook my ticket. US-Airways know takes the United slot from LAS-LAX and AS has taken over the slot from LAX to SJD. Take off times for all legs stayed the same only carriers changed. Thats how I got this combination.

I have a 3 hour layover in LAX, therefore I actually could check in again, but I do not want to move through the airport with all the bags, second I would have to pay the baggage fee.
Did you rebook this yourself as two seperate tickets? Or did UA do this for you, or did you book it as one ticket through an online travel agent? As long as its one ticket you will be protected. US and AS have interline agrements so you can check your bag all the way through. If you're on one ticket no need to recheck and if your US flight is deleyed enough to miss your connection you will be rebooked by US.