FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SunPass or Shunpike the Florida turnpike?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:18 pm
ticu

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Originally Posted by stonecrd
Frankly I think they are BSing you. The only time a picture is taken is when the toll is not registered as paid. Since you have a Sunpass a picture would not be taken and a bill would not be submitted. Like others have said unless you are getting a bargain on the rental these guys seems way out of line compared to other rental companies.
I also thing they BS-ing me. But should I take my chances? I don't know how this transponder/ toll by plate thing works to make sure that if the transponder registered the pass under the gantry then they don't take a picture at all or if they do, they don't care about it.

It's true, it's kind of a bargaing what I got so I'm not really too much willing to move and rent from others ( this comes down to 14 bucks a day, LDW and tax included). Even with their $7/day of sunpass I still am in a better rate then from any other rental company at MIA. It's also true I did the booking more than one month before I need the car and I ran into SIXT by mistake(I had no idea who they were or that they existed). If I mock a booking now on their website I get the same price like from others (after all, aren't they all located together in the same place???)