FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SunPass or Shunpike the Florida turnpike?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:41 am
stonecrd

Originally Posted by ticu
Called again SIXT.
They told me if I come with my own Sunpass and use a non-attended toll road I will be double charged: once on my sunpass and once by SIXT at 10 dollars violation fee for every day of the rental plus tolls that I incur, as they will get a picture from the toll highway "office" and will bill me (i.e. charge my credit card) later.
Aparently there is no other way of handling this then either:
1. buy their sunpass service for 37 (week)+14(2 days) = 51 dollars for my 9-day rental
2. waive their sunpass offer and use only highways either toll free or that let you pay tolls in cash.

In the second case, my question is:can one still pay tolls in cash on SR 836 (Dolphin Expwy) from SR826 to Miami Beach or this became a cashless toll road too?
Frankly I think they are BSing you. The only time a picture is taken is when the toll is not registered as paid. Since you have a Sunpass a picture would not be taken and a bill would not be submitted. Like others have said unless you are getting a bargain on the rental these guys seems way out of line compared to other rental companies.