FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Xiao Long Bao (Chinese Soup Dumplings) in LA
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:27 am
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by azepine00
Tastes differ - I personally felt Din Tai Fung here in LA was just OK and not worth the wait (but i never tried other locations).

While i can't say about "the best" in LA a great bet is a trio of places side by side in a plaza in San Gabriel next to Hilton. We usually go to MeiLong Village (as they pack some frozen stuff on ice for us to take home) but the other two are just as good.

1. J & J / Jin Jian Restaurant

301 W Valley Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776

2. Mei Long Village

301 W Valley Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 284-4769

3. Happy Kitchen

301 W Valley Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 284-2619
Thank you kindly, these are a little closer from where Im staying (Century City). Mapquest puts the drive to the places in San Gabriel at 23 miles from my hotel on West Olympic Blvd.... and the Din Tai Fung is 29 miles. Both destinations are on the same route, seems like the best way is to get on I10, and head East, or...?

So traffic is an issue in LAX, so Im guessing I may go direct to one of these places after I land in LAX as I guess its out of my way to go to the hotel in Century City and I cant be sure they will allow me to have an early check in.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Jun 14, 2011 at 11:43 am