FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel greater distance by car? New VW Passat TDI has 800 mile range
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:25 pm
emma69
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2wheels
What do people have against the Jetta Sportwagon? I picked one out about a year ago (TDI) and the purchaser (the ex) has been quite happy with it. I think its a step above Subaru in terms of luxury. It comes base with Leather and nearly every option you'd like, besides NAV.

I'm not a fan of the new Passat either, they took all the 'luxury' out of it. Gone are the trunk and hood openers, in is fake wood grain, no LEDs, even in the SEL. Meh.
I've got the new Golf Wagon and I am very impressed with it - it is better than the Passat Wagon we had 10 years ago, and certainly value for money. I have the petrol version, not diesel, but I can say, hand on heart, I have never panicked about my car only have a range of x hundred kilometers! I have no issue with stopping at a gas station, and, if I suspect there may not be a gas station (eg driving in the far north of this province) I am pretty sure I can pop a jerry can in the trunk!