FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will You Switch Seats with my Husband?
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:28 am
NC_Girl

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Will You Switch Seats with my Husband?

Seems to be happening more and more the "will you switch seats with my husband/wife so we can sit together" question. I almost always oblige, even if it is from a window to an aisle/aisle to window to be a nice person. although, for a 50 minute flight RDU-ATL can you not be away from your spouse for that long ??? <insert rolling eye's guy> good grief But, this weekend took the cake. I was on ATL-MEX in 1A, my favorite seat as I like to put my feet up on the wall (yea, call me a hillbilly, but it helps relieve the pressure on my back, so can I claim a medical exemption??) and this husband wife comes on and she is seated next to me. She asks very nicely, can you switch seats with my husband so we can sit together? I am really not wanting to do it, but start to stand up anyway and she says "he didn't get upgraded but he is in an exit row so it should be almost as good as this" I stare at her in disbelief and sit my butt right back down without speaking and do my best to ignore her for the rest of the flight.

Come on people, It will not kill you not to sit with your SO for an hour or 2 or even 10 if the truth is told. If you are going to ask someone to switch seats with you, do it only if they are comparable seats. I like 1A or 1D don't ask me to switch to an aisle. Most people like Aisle seats, if you have one, ask them to switch only if you also have an aisle. And if you hubby is stuck in the back, and you desperately need to sit with him, go back there and ask the person sitting beside him to move up to the front. They will probably be happy to let you two sit together!!

OK, rant over......