FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Babys in J
Thread: Babys in J
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:58 am
mkgrip

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
Originally Posted by Ed Size
So how do I manage to fly in the rear cabin, without paying the J fare? I m AY+ Platinum, does this helps?

It happens to me about 4 or 5 times that there was an infant in row one, and I sat back in the rear (no problem with that) and I did not feel any difference regarding service i.e. So do they start doing "real" service in the back if someone moves from the front to the back to get some privacy?

Actually I never ever had the option to choose the rear seats while checkin in online.
If economy is overbooked and there's room in C, they can use the rear cabin as economy, kind of like how they move the divider in SH fleet. Then it will be regular economy in all aspects (meals etc.) except for the fancy seat. If you never fly in whY (as I've understood) you of course don't have a chance of getting such "half an upgrade" anymore than a real OP-UP. If you do fly in Y, naturally Platinum will better your chances for both. And naturally neither can be guaranteed with a Y ticket.

If you move from J to Y (change seats), whether that is the "rear J" why cabin, or the "real" Y cabin they might or might not be willing to cater to you in J standards (probably not). If the rear cabin is J, then of course changing there is just like any other seat change within the front cabin, and there is no difference in service. When you moved, they probably used both cabins for J.
If the rear is not available during check-in then probably either the plane doesn't have a rear cabin or it is used for Y.