FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:00 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Most pathetic DL flight of the year

DTW-SFO
DL 1097
8:26P-10:45P (sked)
9:10P-11:10P (actual including go around)
737-800
SC Dragon: Sandwich not just the Snack Basket
DL Catering: Go F*** Yourself
June 8, 2011

I generally do like DL, but sometime this airline just plain sucks. After a long 2+ days on the road, I just want to get home. Tonight was the absolute worst crew (announced as SFO-based) of the year, clearly just mailing it in, with the two female FAs wanting to be anywhere but on this plane.

No PDB, and for nearly 90 minutes, no post-departure-beverage service either... a total of 76 minutes from wheels up to "OK I'll get up and think about drink service"
9:16p Wheels up
10:32p Up from jump seat
10:45p Drink orders get to row 4

My G&T is served with lemon. Do you have any limes? Umm, let me check the other fridge. One pass of the Snack Basket for the entire flight. And to clean up the snack basket wrappings, FA walks thru the F cabin with a plastic garbage bag.

Meal service? Surely you jest. Fortunately, I now prep for a DL First Class snack/lunch flights by bringing my own meal on board, lest I get stuck with the inedible RB sandwich, the gross chicken salad or any other disgusting idea that DL catering tries to foist off as a meal. Tonight, the joke is on you DL as the corned beef sandwich from Gate A1-8 Waterworks was very good.