FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Babys in J
Thread: Babys in J
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:31 am
paxman

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Airbag belts, that sounds pretty high-tech. I never realized any difference with the seatbelts on any of A330/A340 configurations, flying in row one as well as in a few other rows.

So why they dont install the right seatbelts in the bulkhead row in the rear cabin?
Very good question. That would make sense, wouldn't it? To be honest, I haven't checked in the rear if they have done so. All I know I did check the difference between row 1 and rest of the front cabin on an AY A330. Also the at least middle seats in row 1 have some baby seat info stickers on the wall in front of them, so clearly Finnair has planned to seat babies there, not just a coincidence.

The seat belt airbag is the large bulge on the other side of the seat belt. I thought it was some kind of a cushion but closer inspection proved it is actually some sort of an airbag, that needs to be disabled when used with a baby seat (and for some reason Finnair doesn't seem to have the required special extenders for those seats, or didn't have on flights where I've noticed such use).