FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:05 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by feedmeflyer
Had the RB sandwich inflicted on me ROUNDTRIP between MSP and DCA last week, lunch one way, dinner the other.
I have to say this thing was disgusting. One or two paper-thin slices of processed roast beef meat inside a huge foccacia, topped with--I'm guessing--a couple slimy pieces of red pepper. There may or may not have been cooked onions on it also; I'm not sure. This sandwich was mostly bread, tasteless, and extemely dry. I could not detect any mayo, mustard, aioli, or anything resembling a sauce on any surface. Nor was there a packet of anything like that provieded on the tray. (Trust me, some horseradish mayo would have helped considerably). This gourmet meal was rounded out by a bag of Ruffles, a bowl of fruit (pineapple, strawberry and grapes) and a packaged browine, carmel one way, peanut butter the other.
The fruit was good.
I usually fly AA, and for certain their catering is vastly, vastly superior to what DL is offering. A sandwich option is certainly appropriate for lunch (although it should be edible), but as a dinner choice it is unacceptable. There is no reason that DL cannot offer a hot meal on a dinner flight of 2.5 hours. AA's offering on a comparable route would have included warm nuts with a drink, a choice of two hot dinner options, and a freshly baked cookie.
Come on, DL; you can do better!
That RB is one of the most vile things I have ever tasted. Lest anyone think we are exaggerating...