FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ** New Choice Promo Stay 2 Get A Free Night **
Old Jun 1, 2011, 4:18 pm
BigLar
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adkrick
So if I understand from reading upthread, these points post just like regular stay points and not as some sort of bonus, correct (1000 + 7000)?

The crux of my question is this: I am hoping to do two quick stays later this month to generate the 8000 points for one free night in the middle of nowhere later this summer where Choice is the only option. However, USAirways just started a promo for 3K miles when you do a fly/stay/rental car combo. In order to get 3K miles I am pretty sure you have to have US-DM as the earning preference on the hotel. So the 1000 + 7000 points will go direct to USAirways and thus be unusable for my free night, correct? (I was originally thinking that they might be bonus miles that wouldn't be subject to direct deposit)

Looking to double dip, like any good FTer!
To the best of my knowledge, that is correct. You can get either points or miles, but not both (this ain't Hilton )

What will go the US is the 3K miles. Be sure that they are listed as your preferred airline before you check in, and it wouldn't hurt to make sure of that while you're at the desk. They have been known to screw these things up.

Of course, if you have the Choice co-branded cc, you'll still get your points from that. But it seems you're a once-in-a-while Choice customer, so you probably don't have one.