FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Experiance Dealing/Booking with www.budgetborne.com
Old May 29, 2011, 1:57 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by APx
but searching the web pages and FT, I have yet to come across a post or article that shows such stories you refer to?
Originally Posted by alexoster
...that 50% of times both parties pay a dear price?! If no online forum shows this HOW exactly have you heard this?! Can you link any of these sources or do you randomly 'hear' about 50% of a travel agency agencies reviews?!
You guys mean stories like this one?

It's not about any particular website/agency in thread, but I did read some sorry stories from the buyers and/or sellers on FT over the years. I recall reading "confessions" in Delta Forum, NW Forum & UA Forum a while back. Some involved eBay/Craigslist listings. I don't have links to those posts since I didn't keep tabs on them. Those fora MODs may have better memories than I. The above linked post came up in my search using key words "selling miles" in MilesBuzz! and I just read it for the first time today.

FWIW, not everyone gets caught. For those who got caught, they don't necessarily choose to go on internet bulletin boards to publicize it. So, yes, the severe consequences had been reported on FT before. More than once.

You can also read Randy's words on how airlines chase down brokers back in 2003.

My personal philosophy is better safe than sorry. YMMV.

ETA:

Just saw this thread over Delta Forum. It's still a case-in-progress but another who-got-caught-buying-or-selling:

Caught Buying e-certs

Last edited by lin821; Jun 5, 2011 at 7:02 am Reason: ETA