FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Kea Lani or Ritz Kapalua in July
Old May 24, 2011, 9:08 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The Fairmont Orchid used to be a Ritz.. so great choice for the Big Island..

The North end of the island is lower temperature, more windy.. Ritz Kapalua is quite a ways walk to the beach..

Wailea is the most luxurious area in all of the islands.. That is why Grand Wailea, Four Seasons and the Fairmont enjoy their locations in Wailea.. Haleakala actually acts like a shield to the wind and rain somewhat.. I find it very warm there compared to the rest of Maui..

I've often referred The Fairmont Kea Lani as Heaven on Earth.. Our stay this last spring break was on the tail end of a 24 night spring break vacation.. and both my wife and I did not want to leave.. kids loved it in the pool.. it was nice and warm.. couldn't ask for a more perfect vacation.. We already booked plane tickets for next year..

Real Estate values are triple in Wailea than in Ka'anapali.. maybe twice that of Kapalua? The 4 plexes ocean front beside Fairmont Kea Lani was going for $4 million each.. one 4 plex is 2,800 sq ft.